Headquartered in Oslo, Norway, Appear is a leader in live production technology, specialising in high-capacity, sustainable solutions for media processing and content delivery. Our portfolio is designed to support the most complex scenarios of live event contribution, adapting seamlessly to the ever-evolving dynamics of the media, entertainment, and sports industries.
Our extensive client base, including world-leading content creators like NBCUniversal, Warner Bros. Discovery, Formula 1, NHL, and Riot Games, rely on our solutions to deliver the highest profile live media with utmost integrity and efficiency. This trust underscores our position at the pinnacle of live production technology, where our commitment to excellence and innovation meets the critical demands of the most prestigious live events worldwide.
Founded in 2004, Appear has established itself as a leader in the industry. Thanks to our world-renowned team of experts and their relentless emphasis on modularity and functional versatility, we are at the forefront of innovation in live production technology.
We actively participate with key industry bodies and technology partners to drive the advancement of standardisation and foster continuous innovation. Our excellence is internationally recognised through numerous accolades, including the prestigious NAB Excellence in Sustainability Award and TVBEurope’s Best in Market, celebrating our achievements in sustainability and technological leadership.
As a part of our scale up process for growth, we are looking for an experienced Senior Sales Professional to help secure new projects and increase revenue in the APAC Region. You will ideally be located in Singapore, but location will not be a barrier for the right candidate. International travel is to be expected.
Candidates are expected to have an excellent understanding of the current market trends, demonstrating a strong history of senior level engagements in a lead sales role to Tier 1 Fiber Network, Broadcast Operators and Content Owners. Specifically in relation to the deployment of technically complex solutions for sizeable projects within the end to end live and offline professional video delivery ecosystem from content capture, to consumer.
If you have 10+ years of experience and an established industry network, ideally gained within a vendor or operator environment with technical understanding of the fixed and mobile video contribution, production, streaming and content distribution segments. This would be advantageous for the commercial engagement process to ensure the technically offered solutions meet client’s operational requirements from concept to delivery. It is expected that your career to date would have involved building and managing a sales team with revenue budget responsibilities.
• Relevant higher education: MSc
• Proven business development, sales executive experience, meeting or exceeding targets for you and your team
• Proven ability to drive the sales process from GTM plan to close with new direct clients
• An established industry network with strong relationship to key stakeholders in the industry
• Demonstrable experience as regional sales manager, developing a client-focused, differentiated and achievable approach to opening new business opportunities
• Comfortable in interacting with clients at C level in a technical/commercial engagement
• Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English.
• Commercial experience selling to Tier 1 Clients within two or more of the following areas:
Digital Video remote, fixed and mobile contribution & distribution
Cloud and cluster-based systems
• Create regional GTM sales plans and quotas in alignment with business objectives
• Actively seeking new clients and sales opportunities through networking and social media
• Research market trends, establish and implement strategies
• Map organizations and identify key influencers within qualified leads
• Establish contact and prepare appropriate material together with Technical Sales
• Prepare commercial offers and close sales
• Share forecasts, reports and financial data on sales pipeline
• Participate in exhibitions and conferences
• Gather feedback and input from potential and new clients on development needs and trends
• Collaborate across sales team to grow opportunities within region
• Availability to travel as needed
You will have a positive attitude; want to work with an experienced team, developing tomorrow’s TV technology and products and manage our commercial direct and indirect presence in APAC. Ideal position for an individual to develop, build and ultimately lead the regional team in APAC.
For further information, please see www.appear.net