Appear is a leading provider of media processing and delivery technology. Headquartered in Oslo, Norway with customers in over 100 countries, Appear provides the backbone that production companies, telcos and broadcasters rely on to make immersive live experiences possible for their viewers. With world-class products and expertise, Appear’s focus on modularity, efficiency and high quality helps customers stay ahead of competition in a market where expectations and requirements are constantly changing and evolving.
As a part of our scale up process, we are looking for a highly talented Sales Manager individual to add to our regional commercial team to drive sales in new market customers and applications. Our industry is a highly technical environment selling into an exciting global broadcast and live production markets. Learning new technologies and continuously improving our skills are key elements of the company culture, and we pride ourselves on successfully delivering on demanding customer requirements.
- Create regional and territorial sales plans and quotas in alignment with EMEA business objectives
- Actively and passionately seek new clients and sales opportunities through networking and social media
- Research market trends, establish and implement strategies
- Map organizations and identify key influencers
- Establish contact and prepare appropriate sales materials together with the presales team
- Prepare commercial offers and close sales
- Provide defendable forecasts, reports, and financial data on sales pipeline
- Participate in exhibitions and conferences
- Gather feedback and input from potential and new clients on development needs and trends
- Collaborate across sales team to grow opportunities within region
- Availability to travel as needed
- Work alongside Appear sales leaders to define quarterly objectives
- Have proficient experience using a CRM to support forecast and quoting practice
You are self-driven, have a positive attitude and want to work in an international environment. You thrive in a setting where the main goal is to increase productivity, you’re organized, critical thinker, and can execute a plan. A success factor is the ability to communicate with all levels of an organization, both internally and externally. Language skills are advantageous. A respectful and collaborative attitude is vital as we are a multi-cultural organization with employees and customers from all over the globe. You are based within the Iberia region preferably in Madrid, Spain.
- Relevant higher education
- 5+ years of relevant sales experience supporting Telcos, Production companies, Content owners, Broadcasters, Head-end operators
- 3+ years working in Salesforce or equivalent CRM systems
- Working knowledge of sales business processes including forecasting, territory & quota management, and sales funnels
- Experience of owning an end-to-end sales process
- Self-starter and task oriented individual
- Broadcast and Live Event application knowledge is preferable
- Excellent listening and communication skills
- Spanish native speaker and English is mandatory
- Ability to travel within the region
- Adequate home office centrally located within the sales area
Working at Appear
We’re an informal organization with a lot of positive energy and an inclusive environment. Here at Appear you will benefit from the entrepreneurial vigor of a small-medium-sized organization while working closely with decision makers and customers, and with world class, cutting-edge technology.