Technical Solution Sales Engineer, US
Every day, Appear is delivering high-valued broadcast content all over the world. Appear delivers innovative, end-to-end media hardware, software and processing solutions to customers in more than 180 countries, including the top broadcast facilities and the most technologically advanced sports, live-event venues and pay-tv operators.
Headquartered in Oslo, Norway, with North American headquarters in Los Angeles, CA, Appear has been delivering solutions to the largest brands across the globe since 2004.
- East region based Technical Sales Specialist and System Architect
- This is a full-time North American role based in the eastern time zone and reporting to the General Manager of North America and North America’s Chief Technical Architect
- The primary responsibility of the Technical Solution Sales Engineer is to provide commercially focused technical and application support in Appear’s contribution, distribution, media processing market applications
- Provide remote and on-site support to include physical installation and operation of equipment, basic operational and maintenance training and troubleshooting and effective problem resolution for customer evaluations
- Travel expected 40%-50%
The ideal candidate is a technology-savvy individual with a deep understanding of the technology ecosystem in our key Live Production, Broadcast & Telco applications. You will have a positive service-minded attitude, work well in a team environment, have an eagerness to work with a highly skilled team capable of
taking ownership and responsibility of technical issues. As such, you are the trusted technical advisor to our customers and often the main point of contact in a timeline critical environment, so must work well under pressure and have clear, precise communication skills.
- Ability to understand live production, broadcasters, and service provider’s business challenges, and develop business cases that map to those customers business needs
- Knowledge of compression technologies, codecs, & applications to support live production and distribution models including OTT
- Experience selling and commissioning IP/2110, 2022-6, SDN in LAN and WAN environments
- Ability to construct complex proposals in collaboration with Professional Services, Product, and Sales teams with a commercial focus
- Ability to facilitate presentations to customers and partners, plan and execute proof of concept deplyments with customers, and contribute in complex workflow discussions
- Confident in presenting business and technical cases to C-level customer audiences
- Provide post sale support where and when necessary
- Maintain quality standards and consistency with all engagements
- Manage RFP/RFI response efforts
- Volunteer for speaking engagements with Standards and Business Bodies (SMPTE, VSF and SVG, etc)
- Write / Augment White Papers and Technical articles for US & CAD Markets
- Support trade shows and sales engagements
- Self-starter, motivated Individual with a positive attitude
- Excellent communication, written, and verbal skills
- Relevant higher education, to a minimum BSc preferred
- 5+ years of proven work experience as a technical sales engineer with competence in solution sales and understanding of other vendors roles the value chain
- Expert knowledge and hands-on experience with compression for contribution, OTT, and distribution applications
- Demonstrate expert knowledge of the technical broadcast market with focus on Audio/Video/Metadata compression processing in transport stream, ST2110 and SDI formats
- Familiarity with SSH, Switch and OS IP configuration @ layer 2 and 3
- Knowledge of SDN/Orchestration systems & IGMP, use of API’s & control interfaces within the broadcast market (NMOS, REST)
- Work with control interfaces, NMOS and various 3rd party control interfaces, on-premises and cloud based – native and virtualized solutions
- 2+ years of experience and/or certification on IP switch fabric
- AWS/GCP/Azure application and interface experience or certification is a benefit
- Spanish and English speaking is preferred
Appear US offers a competitive salary and variable compensation, a comprehensive benefits package, 401K retirement program, FSA and health wellness programs.
- Technical Sales Engineer
- United States, Eastern region, US
Eastern region, US
Workplace & culture
Appear is an informal organization with a lot of positive energy and an inclusive environment. At our headquarters in Oslo, our team members represent 25 different nationalities. With customers, team members and partners from all around the world, inclusivity has become the essence of our organizational culture, and we love learning from each other when developing awesome products!
Headquartered in Oslo, Norway and with customers in over 100 countries, Appear provides the backbone that production companies, telcos and broadcasters rely on to make immersive live experiences possible for their viewers. Appear boasts world-class products and expertise, and our focus on modularity, efficiency and quality helps customers stay one step ahead in a market where expectations and requirements are constantly changing and evolving. Founded on June 4th, 2004, and with a team of over 170 people, Appear’s unrivalled and market leading solutions bring immersive viewing experiences to life. Appear has won several national and international prizes for revenue growth, internationalization and technology.
Technical Solution Sales Engineer, US
Loading application form
Already working at Appear?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.