Headquartered in Oslo, Norway, and with customers in over 100 countries, Appear AS is a leading supplier of media processing and delivery technology—providing the backbone that production companies, telcos and broadcasters trust to make immersive live experiences possible for their viewers.
Founded in 2004 by 11 former Tandberg Television employees, Appear is now renowned in the market for world-class products and expertise. With a focus on modularity, quality, and efficiency, we are committed to ensuring that our products and their operation create the lowest impact possible on the environment.
We have won several national and international prizes for revenue growth, internationalization, and technology. In 2021 we won TVBEurope’s coveted Best of Show and were awarded a grant from Innovation Norway for the NEO Series—an efficient new server-based line of software compression products.
With continuing consumer demand for more content across more devices, we actively participate with industry bodies and technology partners to advance standardization and continuously innovate—helping our customers stay one step ahead in a market where expectations and requirements are constantly evolving.
We are now seeking a highly skilled and experienced VP Engineering to lead our talented R&D department to develop cutting-edge technology and drive growth.
Our R&D department consists of 14 agile SW/FPGA/HW/QA teams, all with the goal of developing exceptional products and market leading solutions for our customers.
We are looking for a dedicated leader who can shape the future of the industry with a strategic vision and technical expertise, ensuring that the company's technology stays competitive and relevant in the marketplace. The VP is an energetic leader with the ability to see the big picture and identify and implement new technologies and approaches that can drive business growth and competitive advantage.
You will be a key player for the development and implementation of new technologies, manage the R&D teams and work closely with the CEO and other leaders to align technology with Appear’s goals and objectives.
- We are looking for a VP who is passionate about building high-performing teams and supporting employee career growth
- You have a deep understanding of both business concepts and technology, and can think strategically about how technology can support the company's goals and objectives
- You have a strong technical background in sw/hw engineering. Experience from scale-up with rapid growth is an advantage
- Preferable experience with Agile scrum methodology
- Most importantly, we believe that you have a variety of leadership skills to effectively manage and lead the R&D department:
- The ability to lead, manage, and motivate a team of line managers, engineers, and other technical staff
- Strong communication skills: The ability to clearly communicate to articulate the value of technology investments to the organization, communicate the complex technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders on one hand, and able to speak the same language as the developers and engineers on the other hand
- Adaptability: The ability to adapt to changing business needs and to be responsive to new opportunities and challenges
- Collaboration: The ability to work effectively with other senior leaders and stakeholders within the company, including executives and employees
- You have a relevant educational background in a technical field such as computer science, engineering, or similar. An MBA or other business education may be beneficial as well
- Professional development and career opportunities in an international and engaged working environment
- The opportunity to strategic lead, impact and shaping the future of a thriving company in a global and dynamic industry
- Flexible home-office policy
- Five weeks’ vacation
- In-house gym and subsidized cafeteria with a multitude of temptations
- Free parking incl. free charging of electric car at our premises centrally located at Lysaker
- Opportunity to attend global tech exhibitions
- Travel insurance and defined contribution pension
Are you feeling excited after reading about this opportunity? Apply Appear today!
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
Workplace & culture
Appear is an informal organization with a lot of positive energy and an inclusive environment. At our headquarters in Oslo, our team members represent 25 different nationalities. With customers, team members and partners from all around the world, inclusivity has become the essence of our organizational culture, and we love learning from each other when developing awesome products!
Headquartered in Oslo, Norway and with customers in over 100 countries, Appear provides the backbone that production companies, telcos and broadcasters rely on to make immersive live experiences possible for their viewers. Appear boasts world-class products and expertise, and our focus on modularity, efficiency and quality helps customers stay one step ahead in a market where expectations and requirements are constantly changing and evolving. Founded on June 4th, 2004, and with a team of over 170 people, Appear’s unrivalled and market leading solutions bring immersive viewing experiences to life. Appear has won several national and international prizes for revenue growth, internationalization and technology.
Loading application form
Already working at Appear?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.