Appear is a leading provider of media processing and delivery technology. Headquartered in Oslo, Norway and with customers in over 100 countries, Appear provides the backbone that production companies, telcos and broadcasters rely on to make immersive live experiences possible for their viewers. With world-class products and expertise, Appear’s focus on modularity, efficiency and high quality helps customers stay ahead of competition in a market where expectations and requirements are constantly changing and evolving.
As a part of our scale up process, we are looking for an experienced and skilled Test Automation Engineer for our headquarters in Oslo. Do you want to work in a young and dynamic environment? Would you like to work with state-of-the-art products and cutting-edge technology?
You are a programmer, proficient in Python. You thrive in a small team and get a kick out of automating tests. You are familiar with modern continuous integration systems such as Jenkins and GitLab CI. You are self-sustained and curious about new technologies.
You excel in your work, take pride in it and continuously want to improve both yourself and the things around you. You are passionate and will go the extra mile. You always act responsible with integrity and fairness. And finally, you also like to have a lot of fun!
We are looking for a talented and skilled engineer to join our infrastructure team. As a team member you will be at the core of our engineering process empowering all developers to build and deliver high quality features quicker to our customers.
We are looking for someone with the drive and capability to further expand and maintain our own test framework and our internal testing libraries. Adopting new technologies and continuously improving skills are key elements of our company culture that help us meet demanding customer requirements.
- You have a BS/MS degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years’ experience
- Proficiency in Python or another similar language with a strong desire to learn Python
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Delivery tools such as Jenkins and GitLab CI
- Experience with Linux and Docker, and comfortable with the command line
- Experience with Cisco Network configuration is a plus but not required
- Contribute to improving and implementing our test strategy
- Improve and lead our existing as well as new testing and QA procedures and frameworks
- Improve, iterate on, and maintain our internal testing libraries used by developers
- Plan, develop, execute, improve, document, and maintain automated tests
- Administrate continuous integration and test servers
- Assist developers in creating system and integration tests
- Ensure we have the tools and test data we need to easily test our software
- Maintain test hardware and network infrastructure in our test environment
- Collaborate with developers on how to improve test and build pipelines
- Assist with creating internal tools to automate and improve workflows
- Continuously learn new things, and improve our QA and engineering practices and processes
- Mentor and guide the QA and development teams to ensure the quality of our automated testing
Working at Appear
We are an informal organization with a lot of positive energy and an inclusive environment. Here at Appear you will benefit from the entrepreneurial vigor of a medium-sized organization while working closely with decision makers and customers, as well as working with world class, cutting-edge technology.