Appear is a leading equipment provider of media processing and delivery technology solutions to Broadcast, Media & Telecom Operators globally. Headquartered in Oslo, Norway with customers in over 100 countries, Appear provides the backbone that production companies, telcos and broadcasters trust to make immersive live experiences possible for their viewers. With world-class products and expertise, Appear’s focus on modularity, efficiency and high-quality solutions enable customers to stay ahead of the competition in a market where expectations and requirements are constantly changing and evolving.
We are looking for a highly skilled and service minded Technical Sales Engineer to strengthen our presence in the Dach and Benelux areas. We are looking for individuals with superior technical understanding in our industry combined with good communication skills that have the ability to work closely with our customers, supporting our sales teams to make sure the technical solutions proposed meet their requirements.
The ideal candidate is a technology-savvy individual with a deep understanding of the business drivers, technology ecosystem challenges facing our customers and partners. You will have a positive service-minded attitude, an eagerness to work with a highly skilled and experienced team. Your role will be to engage and interpret our customer’s needs to architect, design technical solutions to meet their objectives. As such, you are the trusted technical advisor to our customers while aiding the customer’s transformational journey and you feel comfortable presenting solutions to engineers, system architects, business owners and other stakeholders.
- Design technical solutions in accordance with customer's technical, commercial and operational needs
- Design technical solutions based on the specifications and capabilities of the Appear products, considering interfaces with external 3rd party systems & clients commercial requirements.
- Provide technical pre-sales support to the Appear sales team, our customers and partners
- Provide technical responses to bids and RFPs/RFIs & Statements of compliance:
- Write technical proposals describing the proposed solution with system diagrams
- Stay on top of industry trends in the video contribution, distribution & Streaming landscape
- Demonstrate and present Appear's solutions to customers and partners
- Create strong relationships with external stakeholders, including technology partners
- Participate in training new employees as well as customers and partners on Appear's products and solutions
- Attend in remote and on-site customer meetings and PoCs (Proof of Concepts) / customer demos.
- Assist with documentation to the technical sales team (presentations, papers, proposal material)
- Relevant higher education, to a minimum BSc
- 2+ years of proven work experience as pre-sales / technical sales engineer. Relevant experience from technical support and/or as solutions architect will also be considered
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to understand technical complex video delivery challenges
- Demonstrate a good technical understanding of the business and the wider industry
- In-depth understanding of the following topics:
- Digital video contribution,distribution & Streaming network design
- Video and audio compression
- Up-to-date on relevant codecs
- Understanding of compression principles for lossy and lossless codecs
- DVB and IPTV head-ends and networks
- ABR streaming techniques
- Network IP technologies, networks and protocols
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English; additional language skills (particularly German or French) is an advantageous
- Excellent presentation skills
- Positive client internal team attitude; puts the customer first
- Shows initiative and a contributes to the broader team reliable, responsible, and dependable when working to deadlines
We provide carrier-grade solutions that enable broadcasters and operators to deliver professional quality TV and video services to home, hospitality and mobile markets. Our equipment ensures reliable video services to millions of households at the highest quality in the most demanding premium content environments including many world class events. Our customers are Production companies, Telecoms, Broadcasters and OTT/IPTV/Cable/Satellite operators who expect a high level of quality and technical expertise from their technology enablers.
Working at Appear
We’re an informal organization with a lot of positive energy and an inclusive environment. Here at Appear you will benefit from the entrepreneurial vigor of a medium-sized organization while working closely with decision makers and customers, all while working with world class cutting-edge technology.