Appear is a leading provider of media processing and delivery technology. Headquartered in Oslo, Norway and with customers in over 100 countries, Appear provides the backbone that production companies, telcos and broadcasters rely on to make immersive live experiences possible for their viewers. With world-class products and expertise, Appear’s focus on modularity, efficiency and high quality helps customers stay ahead of competition in a market where expectations and requirements are constantly changing and evolving.
As a part of our scale up process, we are looking for an experienced and skilled Test Automation Engineer for our headquarters in Oslo. Do you want to work in a young and dynamic environment? Would you like to work with state-of-the-art products and cutting-edge technology?
You are a programmer, preferably proficient with Python. You thrive in a small team and get a kick out of automating tests. You are familiar with modern Continuous Integration systems. You are self-sustained and curious about new technologies.
You excel in your work, take pride in it and continuously want to improve. You are passionate and will go the extra mile. You always act responsible with integrity and fairness. And finally, you also like to have a lot of fun!
We are looking for a talented and skilled engineer to join our automation test team. As a team member you will be at the core of our engineering process empowering all developers to build and deliver high quality features quicker to our customers.
We are looking for a colleague which can take part in driving our production platform forward enabling product developers to focus on creating great products. Adopting new technologies and continuously improving skills are key elements of our company culture that help us meet demanding customer requirements.
- You have a BS/MS degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Creative problem solving, quality focused, strong troubleshooting skills
- Proficiency in at least one programming language, preferably Python
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Delivery tools such as Jenkins and GitLab
- Experience with Docker and Linux OS, and comfortable with the command line
- Experience with Cisco Network configuration is a plus
- Development of automated tests and related frameworks
- Administrate continuous integration and test servers
- Maintain test hardware and network infrastructure
- Collaborate with developers on how to improve testing and build pipelines
- Assist with creating internal tools to automate and improve workflows
- Recommend tools to support testing and organize necessary training in them
- Continuously learn new things, and improve our QA and engineering practices and processes
Working at Appear
We are an informal organization with a lot of positive energy and an inclusive environment. Here at Appear you will benefit from the entrepreneurial vigor of a medium-sized organization while working closely with decision makers and customers, as well as working with world class, cutting-edge technology.