Appear is a leading provider of media processing and delivery technology. Headquartered in Oslo, Norway and with customers in over 100 countries, Appear provides the backbone that production companies, telcos and broadcasters rely on to make immersive live experiences possible for their viewers. With world-class products and expertise, Appear’s focus on modularity, efficiency and high quality helps customers stay ahead of competition in a market where expectations and requirements are constantly changing and evolving.
As a part of our scale up process, we are looking for a skilled and talented Python Test Developer to join one our FPGA teams. The FPGAs are programmable hardware components which are an important part of many of Appear’s products. Your job will be to develop Python tests and to build, maintain and improve the test system for FPGA verification.
You consider yourself to be a good team player, with a great interest for test development and verification. You strive to learn new technology and methodology. You appreciate well-designed, coherent, and documented code. You are also creative and structured, and excited by the opportunity to push the boundaries of video.
- You have a BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- You are skilled/interested in developing automated tests for verification of hardware
- You are quality oriented
- You have an interest in CI/CD
- You consider yourself self-sustained and curious about new technologies
- You have a few years of experience working as a Python test developer
- Additional skills/interests in server build systems, networks, video is advantageous
- Work together with your FPGA team to define test acceptance criteria for development tasks
- Work together with Python test developers from other teams to share knowledge, best practices and improve the test system company wide
- Work closely with other teams to gather requirements and develop solutions
- Evaluate and utilize the latest technologies to continuously improve system test performance.
- Develop the test system for verification of industry-leading, FPGA-based systems for low-latency and high-bandwidth media transfer
Working at Appear
On the First Day, you’ll meet your FPGA team. We will provide you with an outline of the products you’ll be working on, its market application and business feasibility, as well as ongoing and upcoming releases. One of the experienced FPGA designers will act as your mentor during your first sprints. Our policy is basically dive-in, headfirst, from Day One...
During the First Month, you will participate in the first product release. Your contribution will directly affect important features that will be demonstrated to key customers shortly after.
Upon finishing the First Year, you’re established as a core team member. You will have made a direct impact on key solutions we provide to some of the largest TV operators in one of the most dominant industries in the world.
We’re an informal organization with a lot of positive energy and an inclusive environment. We have equipment installations in over 100 countries, and team members representing some 25 different nationalities. Here at Appear you will benefit from the entrepreneurial vigor of a medium-sized organization while working closely with decision makers and customers, all while working with world class cutting-edge technology.