Appear is a leading provider of media processing and delivery technology. Headquartered in Oslo, Norway and with customers in over 100 countries, Appear provides the backbone that production companies, telcos, and broadcasters trust to make immersive live experiences possible for their viewers. With world-class products and expertise, Appear’s focus on modularity, efficiency and high quality helps customers stay ahead of competition in a market where expectations and requirements are constantly changing and evolving.
As a Senior C++ Developer, you will play a vital role in developing product features that shape the way our users do their work. You’re a team player and love working in a small agile team where decisions are made using a bottom-up approach. We believe the people best equipped to solve a specific problem are the same people working hands-on with that very challenge every day.
You have a positive attitude and an eagerness to work in a highly skilled and experienced cross-functional team. You show leadership through personal and professional growth, and constant knowledge sharing. Fluency in English is required, and any additional language skills are advantageous.
- BS/MS in computer science or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience as a C++ programmer
- In-depth knowledge of C++ 14 (17 and 20 is a plus)
- Working knowledge of both C++ Standard Library and Boost
- Skilled in Linux and network programming concepts
- Experience in software design and architecture
- Deliver on team commitments
- Active participant in ensuring a high team performance.
- Writing clean, high-quality, high-performance, maintainable code
- Constant improvement of development practices and product architecture.
- Be a driver for team initiatives to ensure timely, high-quality deliveries.
- Mentoring other team members
Working at Appear
We’re an informal organization with a lot of positive energy and an inclusive environment. Here at Appear you will benefit from the entrepreneurial vigor of a medium-sized organization while working closely with decision makers and customers, as well as working with world class, cutting-edge technology.