Appear is a leading provider of media processing and delivery technology. Headquartered in Oslo, Norway and with customers in over 100 countries, Appear provides the backbone that production companies, telcos and broadcasters rely on to make immersive live experiences possible for their viewers. With world-class products and expertise, Appear’s focus on modularity, efficiency and high quality helps customers stay ahead of competition in a market where expectations and requirements are constantly changing and evolving.
Do you want to work in a young and dynamic environment? Would you like to make state of the art products for delivery of professional video? We are continuously looking for talented developers to join our SW teams.
We’re looking for a driven, motivated and quality focused full-stack developer. You’re eager to learn new things, as well as sharing your own knowledge. You also enjoy working in a close-knit, international, agile team, and share our firm belief that we’re better together. We are a fast-moving company, so the ability to be proactive, take ownership and have the grit to follow through is highly appreciated. We encourage you to be creative and find new innovative solutions whenever we are facing challenges.
- Maintaining and expanding an Akka actor-based container orchestrator
- Improving and expanding upon Spring Boot and other backends
- Writing Bash/Python scripts for Linux server provisioning
- Communicating and designing APIs with other teams
- Constant improvement of architecture for an expanding domain
- Optimising CI/CD pipelines for quicker feedback
- You have a BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- You are not afraid of expanding on systems of systems
- You are self-sustained and curious about new technologies
- You are a team player, and love working in small agile teams
- You enjoy working with Java or TypeScript, but are open to other languages
We’re an informal organization with a lot of positive energy and an inclusive environment. We have equipment installations in over 100 countries, and team members representing some 25 different nationalities. At Appear you get to be involved from inception to realization of a product, working with state-of-the-art technology.
On the First Day, you'll join a small agile team of SW developers working on a specific product that is part of the Appear portfolio. The team lead will introduce you to the code base. The product owner will provide you with an outline of the overall product you'll be working on, its market application and business feasibility, as well as ongoing and upcoming releases. Our policy is basically dive-in, headfirst, from Day One...
During the First Month, you will participate in the first product release. Your contribution will directly affect important features that will be demonstrated to international customers shortly after.
Upon finishing the First Year, you're established as a core team member. You will have made a direct impact on key solutions we provide to some of the largest TV operators in one of the most dominant industries in the world. Want to join our team?