Appear is a leading provider of media processing and delivery technology. Headquartered in Oslo, Norway and with customers in over 100 countries, Appear provides the backbone that production companies, telcos and broadcasters rely on to make immersive live experiences possible for their viewers. With world-class products and expertise, Appear’s focus on modularity, efficiency and high quality helps customers stay ahead of competition in a market where expectations and requirements are constantly changing and evolving.
As a part of our scale up process, we are looking for a skilled and talented mechatronics and test engineer. Do you want to work in a young and dynamic environment? Would you like to work with state-of-the-art products and cutting-edge technology?
You possess strong interest and skills in mechanical designs for electronic products. You are familiar with electronic products compliance certification processes and standards (Safety, EMC etc.), and have experience with and enjoy testing electronic products and components to ensure they meet specific requirements.
The perfect team member is motivated and inspired by working in a team, but is also able to work independently. Learning new technologies and continuously improving skills are key elements of our company culture, and we pride ourselves on successfully meeting demanding customer requirements.
- You have a BS or MS of Mechatronics or Electronic Systems Design or equivalent
- Longer relevant experience may compensate for formal education
- Experience with product product/component testing and compliance certification
You have some experience with
- Mechanical designs for electronic products
- Product compliance certification
- EMI/EMC testing
- Product/component qualification
- Mechanical design
- Maintaining/updating existing documentation on our mechanical solutions
- Compliance testing/coordination (Safety/EMC etc)
- Test/verification of alternative electronic components
- Bill of materials for product enclosures and mechanical sub assemblies
- Interfacing with the relevant sub contractors
We’re an informal organization with a lot of positive energy and an inclusive environment. Here at Appear you will benefit from the entrepreneurial vigour of a medium-sized organization while working closely with decision makers and customers, all while working with world class cutting-edge technology.
- Five weeks’ vacation
- An international work environment
- Buddy system
- In-house gym and cafeteria with endless temptations
- Stock-based bonus scheme