Appear is a leading provider of media processing and delivery technology. Headquartered in Oslo, Norway and with customers in over 100 countries, Appear provides the backbone that production companies, telcos and broadcasters rely on to make immersive live experiences possible for their viewers. With world-class products and expertise, Appear’s focus on modularity, efficiency and high quality helps customers stay ahead of competition in a market where expectations and requirements are constantly changing and evolving.
As a part of our scale up process, we are looking for an operationally oriented and supportive accounting manager who will be an important sparring partner for the Finance Manager on a wide range of accounting and finance related topics.
You will have a positive attitude; and with a passion for finance you are eager to work with an experienced team. You are structured, detail-oriented, and analytical, and are eager to join a thriving, fast-paced company that recognizes talent and effort. As the Accounting Manager, you will play a key role in improving and streamlining the company’s financial reporting processes and accounting policies.
- Execution of the overall accounting processes, being the Financial Manager’s right hand
- Ensure compliance to NRS and/or IFRS accounting standards, tax, and other regulations
- Reconciliation of balance sheet, including but not limited to: bank statements, taxes and returns (MVA / VAT), employer fees (AGA), vacation pay, etc.
- Account payables and receivables & cash management, including but not limited to:
- Booking and examination of out-going invoicing incl. receivables follow up, in-coming invoices including payable and “remittering”, in addition to employee expenses
- Interaction and communication with customers and vendors
- Ensuring timely processing of incoming and outgoing transactions
- Payroll and employee outlays
- Reporting to governmental entities in all geos, eg. Norwegian Statistics Authority (SSB), Norwegian Labour and Welfare Administration (NAV)
- Liaison with auditors, tax and accounting advisors
- Bachelor’s degree or higher and/or proven experience within accounting,
- Preferably 4-5 years of relevant experience
- Excellent knowledge of Norwegian accounting, tax, and other relevant regulations
- Good excel and IT system competence / ERP systems
- Excellent analytical skills and accounting knowledge, incl. IFRS
- Excellent verbal and written communicator in English and Norwegian
- Systematic, analytical and structured, with passion for Business, Digitalization and Continuous Improvement
- Practical with hands-on approach to tasks, focusing on improvement and simplification
- Results-oriented team player with a “can-do” attitude
- High working capacity with the ability to take ownership and lead several processes simultaneously from start to finish
- Ability to work with colleagues across global time zones as needed
Working at Appear
We’re an informal organization with a lot of positive energy and an inclusive environment. Here at Appear you will benefit from the entrepreneurial vigor of a medium-sized organization while working closely with decision makers and customers, all while working with world class cutting-edge technology.
- Flexible working hours
- Five weeks vacation
- An international work environment
- Colleagues with hardware, software and IP super-skills
- In-house gym and cafeteria with a multitude of temptations
- Yearly trip to Trysil
- Stock-based bonus scheme