Appear is a leading provider of media processing and delivery technology. Headquartered in Oslo, Norway and with customers in over 100 countries, Appear provides the backbone that production companies, telcos and broadcasters rely on to make immersive live experiences possible for their viewers. With world-class products and expertise, Appear’s focus on modularity, efficiency and high quality helps customers stay ahead of competition in a market where expectations and requirements are constantly changing and evolving.
As a part of our scale up process, we are establishing a subsidiary in the US, and are therefore looking for an experienced General Manager (GM) to build up our brand, portfolio and increase our revenue in North America. You will ideally be located on the East Coast, but location will not be a barrier for the right applicant. Business travel is expected on a regular basis, both within the region and overseas.
To be successful in this role, you should be a commercial leader, strategic oriented, helping our people develop and be productive, while ensuring our profits are on the rise.
Candidates are expected to have an excellent understanding of the current market trends, demonstrating a strong history of senior level engagements in a GM role or similar, such as lead sales role to Tier 1 Fiber Networks, Broadcast Operators and Content Owners. Specifically in relation to the deployment of technically complex solutions for sizeable projects within the end to end live and offline professional content delivery ecosystem from capture to consumer.
You have 10+ years of experience and an established industry network, ideally gained within a vendor or operator environment with technical understanding of the fixed and mobile video contribution, production, streaming and content distribution segments. This would be advantageous for the commercial engagement process to ensure the technically offered solutions meet client’s operational requirements from concept to delivery.
- Relevant higher education: on master’s degree level, either commercial or technical oriented
- Proven experience as GM or similar executive role, meeting or exceeding targets for you and your team
- Strong track record of driving revenue to and through a wide network of partners and customers, experience with planning and budgeting
- Bringing in an established industry network with strong relationship to key stakeholders in the industry
- Outstanding organizational and leadership skills
- Commercial experience within two or more of the following areas:
- Digital Video contribution and distribution
- Video compression
- TCP/IP networks
- Cloud and cluster-based systems
You will have a visionary and positive attitude; want to work with a truly international, experienced team, developing tomorrow’s media and entertainment technology and products and our direct presence in North America.
- Establish the North America subsidiary of Appear, with geographical scope incl. US and Canada. Running and overseeing the day-to-day operations.
- Define and action a Go-to-Market strategy for the North America Region, aligned with Appear business objectives.
- Developing key performance goals and managing performance of local sales team
- Developing new solutions to meet client needs
- Provide and contribute to North America sales forecast & budget plans
- Provide high level TAM & SAM based on Appear market segmentation.
- Identify Key Sales Account Targets with forecast revenue potential incl. actively seeking new clients and sales opportunities through networking and social media
- Participate in exhibitions and conferences
- Availability to travel as needed
Working at Appear
We’re an informal organization with a lot of positive energy and an inclusive environment. Here at Appear you will benefit from the entrepreneurial vigor of a medium-sized organization while working closely with decision makers and customers, all while working with world class cutting-edge technology.