Appear is a leading provider of media processing and delivery technology. Headquartered in Oslo, Norway and with customers in over 100 countries, Appear provides the backbone that production companies, telcos and broadcasters rely on to make immersive live experiences possible for their viewers. With world-class products and expertise, Appear’s focus on modularity, efficiency and high quality helps customers stay ahead of competition in a market where expectations and requirements are constantly changing and evolving.
As a part of our scale up process, we are looking for a passionate and skilled software Product QA & Test Engineer for our headquarters in Oslo. Do you want to work in a young and dynamic environment? Would you like to work with state of the art products and cutting edge technology?
You consider yourself to be a good team player, and with the ability to work across disciplines. Your responsibility will be to ensure Appear Hardware and Software (Linux) based video products work flawlessly within the customer’s environment. As a member of our Technical Support and QA team you will also be in close co-operation with our Development team.
- Relevant higher education: MSc., Cand. Scient (or equivalent).BSc will also be considered with relevant experience.
- Strong problem solving skills
- Experience with Quality Assurance Management tools (eg Testlink, Jenkins, etc.)
- Test automation
- Experience with Video over IP/DVB technology
- Experience with TCP/IP technologies and protocols
- Experience with test/monitoring equipment
You will have a positive attitude; want to work with an experienced team, developing tomorrow’s TV technology and products. Fluency in English is required and in addition one Scandinavian language is preferred. Any additional language skills are advantageous.
- Planning, implementing, executing and reporting of test scenarios
- Participating in the development of product test strategies
- Helping the support team with testing of customer issues
- Draft and write installation guides, user manuals and maintenance documentation based on information from subject-matter experts
- Driving quality assurance
Working at Appear
We’re an informal organization with a lot of positive energy and an inclusive environment. Here at Appear you will benefit from the entrepreneurial vigor of a medium-sized organization while working closely with decision makers and customers, as well as working with world class, cutting-edge technology.
- Five weeks’ vacation
- Flexible working hours
- An international work environment
- Buddy system
- In-house gym and cafeteria with a endless temptations
- Yearly trip to Trysil
- Stock-based bonus scheme