Appear is a leading provider of media processing and delivery technology. Headquartered in Oslo, Norway and with customers in over 100 countries, Appear provides the backbone that production companies, telcos and broadcasters rely on to make immersive live experiences possible for their viewers. With world-class products and expertise, Appear’s focus on modularity, efficiency and high quality helps customers stay ahead of competition in a market where expectations and requirements are constantly changing and evolving.
As a part of our scale up process, we are looking for highly skilled and service minded Global Support Engineers to assist our growing list of customers with new and exciting projects.
You will have a positive attitude; want to work with an experienced team, developing tomorrow’s TV technology and products. Fluency in English is a minimum requirement and in addition one Scandinavian language is preferred. Any additional language skills are advantageous. Traveling should be expected.
- Supporting our current and future deployed HW and SW based contribution and distribution video delivery solutions deployed world wide
- Being a technology evangelist that can advise customer concerning deployment, testing and end user feedback
- 2nd and 3rd line support and deep debug investigations
- Remote configuration, maintenance and diagnostics
- On-site system installation, configuration and testing
- Technical training on Appear products
- Relevant higher education: MSc., Cand. Scient (or equivalent). BSc will also be considered with relevant experience
- 2+ years experience
- In depth understanding in two or more of the following areas:
- Digital Video distribution network
- Video compression
- TCP/IP technologies, networks and protocols (CCNA preferred)
- Linux operating systems (specifically embedded systems)
- Cloud and cluster-based system architectures
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to understand technical complex video delivery systems
- Shows initiative, independent and courteous in all communication - Customer service and interaction
We’re an informal organization with a lot of positive energy and an inclusive environment. Here at Appear you will benefit from the entrepreneurial vigor of a medium-sized organization while working closely with decision makers and customers, all while working with world class cutting-edge technology.
- Flexible working hours
- Five weeks’ vacation
- An international work environment
- Buddy system
- In-house gym and cafeteria with a endless temptations
- Yearly trip to Trysil
- Stock-based bonus scheme
- Opportunity to attend global tech exhibitions