Appear is a leading provider of media processing and delivery technology. Headquartered in Oslo, Norway and with customers in over 100 countries, Appear provides the backbone that production companies, telcos and broadcasters rely on to make immersive live experiences possible for their viewers. With world-class products and expertise, Appear’s focus on modularity, efficiency and high quality helps customers stay ahead of competition in a market where expectations and requirements are constantly changing and evolving.
Do you want to work in a young, dynamic and international environment? Would you like to make state of the art products for delivery of professional video? As a part of our scale up process, we are looking for passionate and skilled software developers for our SW teams.
- You have a BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- You enjoy object-oriented programming in C / C++
- You are self-driven and curious about video compression and processing technologies
- You have a keen interest in the area of High Performance Computing
- You take pride in turning great ideas into efficient and practical software solutions
- You are motivated by delivering high quality, high performance products to our customers
- You are a team player, and love working in small agile teams
Working at Appear
On the First Day, you'll join a small agile team of SW developers working on a Software-based Video Compression product that is part of the Appear portfolio. The team will introduce you to the code base. The product owner will provide you with an outline of the overall product you'll be working on, its market application and business feasibility, as well as ongoing and upcoming releases. Our policy is basically dive-in, headfirst, from Day One...
During the First Month, you will participate in the first product release. Your contribution will directly affect important features that will be demonstrated to international customers shortly after.
Upon finishing the First Year, you're established as a core team member. You will have made a direct impact on key solutions we provide to some of the largest TV operators in one of the most dominant industries in the world.
- Flexible working hours
- Five weeks’ vacation
- An international work environment
- Buddy system
- In-house gym and cafeteria with a endless temptations
- Yearly trip to Trysil
- Stock-based bonus scheme
- Opportunity to attend global tech exhibitions