Appear is a leading provider of media processing and delivery technology. Headquartered in Oslo, Norway and with customers in over 100 countries, Appear provides the backbone that production companies, telcos and broadcasters rely on to make immersive live experiences possible for their viewers. With world-class products and expertise, Appear’s focus on modularity, efficiency and high quality helps customers stay ahead of competition in a market where expectations and requirements are constantly changing and evolving.
As a part of our scale up process, we are looking for passionate and enthusiastic Scrum Masters who are experienced in helping teams successfully adopt sustainable agile practices and mindsets. As Appear’s Scrum Master, you will be in charge of providing effective facilitation and optimizing and enhancing our agile practices. By supporting our managers and teams in delivering excellent outcomes you drive agile adoption, resulting in quality products. As a Scrum Master you will have a constant interaction with the teams in order to both observe existing behaviors and to support their accomplishments.
The perfect Scrum Master for Appear is open, eager, approachable, passionate, collaborative, and enjoy working with other people. You are proactive and tackle challenges head-on in order to ensure the team’s success. You also drive Agile and Lean frameworks which results in quality products. In addition to having an agile mindset with exceptional troubleshooting skills, you enjoy working with people in an international environment. With a mix of a passion for agile values, excellent communication skills, technological curiosity and strong people skills, Appear will thrive.
- Clear (and support others in clearing) organizational hindrances and keep agile process consistent
- Coach and guide teams in creating a healthy dynamic
- Work closely with Product Owners to understand organizational needs and facility the efforts of the scrum teams
- Senior Agile coach/Scrum master
- Support teams efficiently leverage Agile tools and software
- Contribute towards the definition and improvements of metrics that help us make better value, sooner and with happier people
- Relevant higher education
- 3+ years of experience with Agile and cross-functional teams
- 3+ years of experience in a Scrum Master role
- Experience in coaching, mentoring and facilitation
- Excellent people and communication skills
- Strong, constructive listener
- Good observation and retrospection skills
- Solid problem-solving skills
- Self-managed and driven
Working at Appear
We’re an informal organization with a lot of positive energy and an inclusive environment. Here at Appear you will benefit from the entrepreneurial vigor of a medium-sized organization while working closely with decision makers and customers, all while working with world class cutting-edge technology.
- Flexible working hours
- Five weeks’ vacation
- An international work environment
- Colleagues with hardware, software and IP super-skills
- In-house gym and cafeteria with a multitude of temptations
- Stock-based bonus scheme
- Opportunity to attend global tech exhibitions