Appear is a leading provider of media processing and delivery technology. Headquartered in Oslo, Norway and with customers in over 100 countries, Appear provides the backbone that production companies, telcos and broadcasters rely on to make immersive live experiences possible for their viewers. With world-class products and expertise, Appear’s focus on modularity, efficiency and high quality helps customers stay ahead of competition in a market where expectations and requirements are constantly changing and evolving.
As a part of our scale- up process, we are looking for an experienced IT Manager to lead our new IT department. As Appear’s IT Manager, you will lead the day-to-day IT activities, deploying and operating our networks, clients, servers and cloud service dependencies. Your goal is to ensure that Appear has an efficient, scalable and secure IT infrastructure, enabling our continued international growth.
The ideal candidate is a passionate IT enthusiast who is motivated by problem solving. With love for technology, you thrive on working with intelligent computer systems, and are eager to optimize the technological architecture at Appear. In addition to having an agile mindset with exceptional troubleshooting skills, you enjoy working with people in an international, dynamic environment. With a mix of technical knowledge and excellent communication skills, you consider yourself to be a resourceful, supportive, and enthusiastic leader. With your technological expertise, people skills and communicative abilities, the IT department will thrive.
- Develop strategic objectives, plans and budgets for IT operations and IT security
- Collaborate with stakeholders to deploy and maintain business-driven tools and solutions, always monitoring the IT efficiency, providing employees with an efficient working environment
- Develop, implement and maintain IT procedures in line with regulatory requirements and business expectations
- Manage day-to-day operation of Appears IT infrastructure based on above objectives, solutions and processes
- Oversee IT operational staff (currently 1 direct reporting) and third-party suppliers
- 5+ years of experience in IT operations incl. excellent understanding of traditional, HCI and hybrid cloud environments
- Relevant network experience, preferably Cisco IOS with CCNA+ certifications
- Proven ability in managing mixed Linux, Windows, and Mac environments,
- Remote IT resource management skills including deployment, MDM and VPN technologies
- Demonstrable experience in deploying and maintaining Windows Server, Active Directory, Office 365 and related Azure services
- Familiarity with Agile software development and CI/CD,
- Familiarity with frameworks and standards like ITIL, COBIT and ISO27001
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in Norwegian and English, additional language skills an advantage.
Working at Appear
We’re an informal organization with a lot of positive energy and an inclusive environment. Here at Appear you will benefit from the entrepreneurial vigor of a medium-sized organization while working closely with decision makers and customers, all while working with world class cutting-edge technology.
- Flexible working hours
- Five weeks' vacation
- An international work environment
- Colleagues with hardware, software and IP super-skills
- In-house gym and cafeteria with a multitude of temptations
- Yearly trip to Trysil
- Stock-based bonus scheme
- Opportunity to attend global tech exhibitions